1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outdoor Classroom Day is coming!

Discussion in 'School trips' started by outdooradventurer, Jan 25, 2018.

1. outdooradventurer

outdooradventurer New commenter

It's national outdoor classroom day on the 17th May 2018
    Find out more here.
    Lot's of resources, lesson plans etc.

2. outdooradventurer

Just one more day to go. What are you doing?
    Find out more here.

3. outdooradventurer

Getting children outside is important all year round, this is why the 2nd outdoor classroom day is on the 1st November 2018. So if you missed the last one you have another bite of the cherry. Find out more here.

4. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I do hope we check with the PE staff re the availability of outdoor space! I used to get highly irritated by staff who on glimpsing signs of our wonderful British summer sun would exit classrooms to come and sit on the school field! Well it gave my javelin classes some inspiration to throw further to try and "spear a teacher"! (Imagine the scene of a line of standing throwers ready to throw the athletic implement and a stream of kids let out from an indoor classroom would suddenly appear round a corner. )

5. outdooradventurer

Actually there, you may have something, with the decline of home econmics from the national curriculm, a lesson or two on preparing kebabs for the BBQ wouldn't go a miss!

Joking aside, you're right about use around grounds, but getting outside the classroom as about all those visits away from school. Both outside in the woods and at the local museum or art gallery.