1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outcome and Experiences ...

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by TEACHER16, Dec 10, 2010.

1. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

As a newly qualified teacher, I was just wondering how do you ensure you link the CFE outcomes and experiences to your planning?

2. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Primary or secondary?

3. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Primary or secodary?

4. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

Primary :)

5. That sounds as though you are planning then trying to link the required outcomes to your planning? Select the outcomes you want to achieve first and allow them to 'drive' your planning.

6. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

How do you normally achieve this?

7. holdingon

holdingon Occasional commenter

that's the question we are all asking - but unfortunately -not even HMI seem to know the answer

what a bl ------ dy mess

8. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

How is your school working towards this?

9. I've not yet managed to try the GLOW/LTS site yet as systems are either down/my computer's too slow or I have forgotten one of my many password/logins.
    I did think in passing (though have not had the time to try this yet) that if the outcomes were copied into a mind mapping programme like Kidspiration then they could just be dragged onto appropriate planning maps.

At the moment as a long term tracker I've ended up doing exactly the same as going grey.

10. Don't be ridiculous - how can it be a fail - you're not getting this CfE thing are you? You can't fail!
    Don't let anybody tell you otherwise - everyone a resounding success albeit with misplaced confidence in their own abilities - The X Factor awaits you!

11. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

"if the outcomes were copied into a mind mapping programme like Kidspiration then they could just be dragged onto appropriate planning maps."

Angus Coucil have done this, however I don't think they're sharing!!!

12. They are sharing, but not for free: http://www.ontrackwithlearning.co.uk/

The rumour is this functionality will be built into SEEMIS...

13. Most teachers I've encountered who are confidently planning from the experiences and outcomes are bundling together groups of Experiences and Outcomes for a piece of learning and using them to identify what the purpose of the learning should be, what activities they could provide to help develop this learning, what evidence would be required to demonstrated this learning and the success criteria for each piece of evidence.

I've seen lots of different formats to record this process - but it's the process itself which matters to plan meaningful learning experiences and valid assessments from the Experiences & Outcomes.