1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Out of the Blue

Discussion in 'English' started by jocars, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Has anybody got any good teaching ideas for Armitage's poem 'Out of the Blue?' I have a lesson observation with my Head on Friday and would like to do something outstanding, involving differentiated group work if possible. It will be an introductory lesson on the actual poem. Although they have done some research on 9/11.

I have looked at the AQA digital anthology website but none of their ideas really suit. I would be really grateful for any inspiration??
    Thank you

2. Has anybody got any good teaching ideas for Armitage's poem 'Out of the Blue?' I have a lesson observation with my Head on Friday and would like to do something outstanding, involving differentiated group work if possible. It will be an introductory lesson on the actual poem. Although they have done some research on 9/11.

I have looked at the AQA digital anthology website but none of their ideas really suit. I would be really grateful for any inspiration??
    Thank you

3. Did you know the whole of the original programme is on youtube (read -well, I reckon- by Rufus Sewell)? Might be worth finding a minute or two of the relevant section to show.