1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Out of curiosity...

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Martin1296, Apr 25, 2014.

1. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Thank you very much! I have done my research about the school but I know I need to be clearer about how my vision with benefit the school.About the rest...; it is a two day interview and the timetable looks very gruelling!!

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Good Luck . ( I think you should get it because of your user name - from one of my favourite novels )

3. I've experienced being on a interviewing panel for a headship and some can be gruelling! But the best thing to do is work on them nerves, try to control them but also use them to your advantage.

When I have to interview for teaching posts I admire how some candidates use their nerves but overcome them, don't be afraid to be yourself because remember at the end of the day if you get the job (I'm sure you will!!!) they'll see the real you anyway!

Keep us updated & out of interest what's been timetabled?

4. digoryvenn

Thanks Minnie; it is one of my favourite novel's too! Poor Digory; I think he is the best character in the book.

Yes, you are right; I need to be myself!

If your are ready for the timetable here goes!!

Give assembly (usual), data analysis and budget analysis, some sort of assimilation task, four different small interview panels at different times over the two days, sch council, presentation, 45 minute formal interview at the end of day two. Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Let us all know how it all goes - good luck with the timetable :)

6. digoryvenn

Didn't get the job!!

Looks like I will have to leave my current post with no job to go to.

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

8. digoryvenn

Thanks Theo; you have been a fantastic help.

9. Keep trying!!

Eventually you will find the perfect school!

10. digoryvenn

Thanks for your encouragement.