1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oustanding PE Practice

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by samsouthwell, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Want free resources, then head over to OPEP a resource sharing website which allows you to download anything on there for free as well as uploading your own to help devleop a new resource facility for PE Teachers across the country
    Outstanding PE Preparation - www.opep.co.uk

2. bigfatgit

bigfatgit Occasional commenter

Damn! You beat me to it!
    Just as I was going to register my completly reliable and practical PE website
    Check it out at www.crappe.co.uk [​IMG]

3. I'll stick with PEshare thanks. Built by and for, and all that!

4. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

Well I take 'outstanding' with a pinch of salt. Last lesson obs I was told I was 'good, nearly outstanding'. I was praised on activity element, pupils were constantly on task with very little teacher talk. However to make it outstanding I should have given the pupils task cards to analyse their technique. I pointed out that if I did that pupil activity time would decrease, the cards would be a health and safety hazard if pupils put them down and slipped on them. Very well praising one aspect of the lesson, but then being told I would have to remove that aspect. Had the pupils had task cards, no doubt I would have got the same judgement but with a target of getting them more active. To that I got no response!