1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OU PGCE Secondary Science

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by LetsbyAvenue, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi,

I'm looking forward to my PGCE interview next week with the Open University for secondary science, has anyone had one of these recently, just looking to pick up an extra nugget or two - not chicken !

Letsby x

2. Hi,

I'm looking forward to my PGCE interview next week with the Open University for secondary science, has anyone had one of these recently, just looking to pick up an extra nugget or two - not chicken !

Letsby x

3. joey81

joey81 New commenter

Hiya, I had my interview last year and I'm doing an SKE now then Physics PGCE in Jan 2013 :) When I went along there were only 3 of us who showed up so it was pretty relaxed! We filled in some forms then did a test where we had to analyse some statements which were wholly or partly false and suggest the correct answers. Then we had to read 2 articles and comment on the similarities and differences. finally a presentation and that was actually ufn, they prompted us if we got stuck. Just make sure it's relevant to GCSE level. Good luck! x

4. Thanks Joey, I'm going to do a 'resultant force' presentation based around terminal velocity and Joe Kittinger - who is a legend. I also have to do a written task to assess my knowledge and understanding of the subject area, did you do this and if so how specific was it ? Thanks in advance, Letsby

5. Bump,

Thanks,

Letsby

6. oHelzo

oHelzo Occasional commenter

I've just applied to do Chemistry with OU so this is really handy. It's subject knowledge I worry about most as I've been working in a non-chemistry job for the last ten years. What level would you say they're testing knowledge at? Soft skills I can manage, its just the hard facts I need to pick back up.

7. Hi I'm looking to apply this year and needed some tips

Did u have an individual interview if u did what did they ask

8. Started in July and having a great time, the course is really good, challenging and stimulating. My tutor is also a great help so thoroughly recommended. See the earlier post for a good insight into the interview day, it's all fine and un-threatening.

Letsby