1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OU MSc Maths - anyone done one?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by AshgarMary, Apr 19, 2012.

1. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

I'm thinking of doing OU MSc maths (not to enhance career prospects, simply to give my brain a bit of a workout), anyone on here done one or know anyone who has?

2. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

I'm thinking of doing OU MSc maths (not to enhance career prospects, simply to give my brain a bit of a workout), anyone on here done one or know anyone who has?

3. I've started this year with the first module M820 running from February to October.

4. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

What are your first impressions?

5. It's been hard going, fitting in the studying around teaching but the assignment deadlines are nicely spaced and the holidays are usefully just before each assignment. The online lectures and tutorials are an absolute must and helped massively.
    I did find myself falling behind before Easter and that meant I felt guilty any time I 'wasted' or spent enjoying myself but I caught up through the Easter hols with some intense work.
    I'm enjoying it and would recommend it but be prepared for a lot of work.

6. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Am ploughing my way through the 'diagnostic test' at the moment, unearthing things not seen for 30 years from the deepest recesses of my brain!