1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Otto the Simpson's school bus driver is really called Stuart

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kibosh, Jan 10, 2011.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

This story reminds me of an episode of Still Game called Dial-a-bus starring Robbie Coltrane as the bus driver who has a major panic attack due to emotional stressors in his life and takes the elderly passengers on a very scary, out-of-control bus journey.
    Surely it is the bus companies responsibility to either
    • ensure that their drivers are in a fit state to carry out their duties?
    • employ drivers with clean licence?
    • employ drivers with a suitable temperament for the job, not reckless hotheads?

2. I googled Harsh's article and word has it that this particular bus company doesn't have a good reputation. Also, the driver chose this particular route as a 'shortcut' as he was late in turning up for the trip ... and he has previous driving convictions - off the top of my head, I think they were for speeding and driving whilst using a mobile.

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I wonder if they (the convictions) were gained whilst on the job or whilst driving his own personal vehicle.

Totally unrelated I know, sorry, but Harshie did you ever get to the bottom of the situation with the Dundee seller?

4. I have the type of brain that retains small bits of useless information but not necessarily ALL the information...I just know that in a few years time I will be trying to convince everyone that Otto from The Simpsons is really called Stuart!

Also, when I saw the photo I thought it was Greg Wallace from Master Chef (Give or take a few more chocolate fondants).

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

This made me laugh. I am the same.

6. bacardibreezer

bacardibreezer New commenter

Otto from The Simpsons would be proud: "Right, kids. Go limp!"