1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OTT and SECOND TRAINED. Any chances of finding a long term post in a primary school?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by SoniaMaudslay, Jan 29, 2011.

1. SoniaMaudslay

SoniaMaudslay New commenter

Hello,
    I would like to hear your opinions, especially those that like me are OTT and secondary teachers that have successfully found a long term/perm position in a primary school.
    Yesterday I registered with an agency that just deals with long term/perm posts and I was told that my chances of getting a long term/perm in a primary school are very low, if not impossible has I am an OTT and a secondary teacher. Therefore I don't tick the boxes (to be british and UK primary trained) schools look for in a teacher.
    I've got more than a year of supply experience in primary schools, and feel very keen in settling down in a school teaching KS2.
    I would like to thank you in advanced for your advice.
    Supply Teacher

2. SoniaMaudslay

SoniaMaudslay New commenter

Hello,
    I would like to hear your opinions, especially those that like me are OTT and secondary teachers that have successfully found a long term/perm position in a primary school.
    Yesterday I registered with an agency that just deals with long term/perm posts and I was told that my chances of getting a long term/perm in a primary school are very low, if not impossible has I am an OTT and a secondary teacher. Therefore I don't tick the boxes (to be british and UK primary trained) schools look for in a teacher.
    I've got more than a year of supply experience in primary schools, and feel very keen in settling down in a school teaching KS2.
    I would like to thank you in advanced for your advice.
    Supply Teacher

3. The chances of ANYBODY getting a long term job seems pretty low at the moment even if you are British trained and primary experienced. I am resigned to never getting another full time job before I retire in 5 years time.