1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OTT and Second. Seeking a long term post in a primary school.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by SoniaMaudslay, Jan 29, 2011.

1. SoniaMaudslay

SoniaMaudslay New commenter

Dear Theo,
    I am an OTT and a secondary teacher that has been doing supply in primary schools around London for more than a year now.
    Yesterday I registered with an agency that just deals with long term/perm posts and I was told that my chances of getting a long term/perm in a primary school are very low, if not impossible as I don't tick the boxes (to be british and UK primary trained) schools look for in a teacher.
    I've been attending CPD courses to show schools how focused I am in all the aspects of primary teaching and have had very good feedbacks from a lot of the schools I went to.
    I am a very committed and passionate teacher but apparently it doesn't seem to be enough to get the long term position I am seeking so much.
    I value your opinion very much, so I would like to thank you in advanced for your advice.
    Supply Teacher
    r Theo,

2. SoniaMaudslay

SoniaMaudslay New commenter

Dear Theo,
    I am an OTT and a secondary teacher that has been doing supply in primary schools around London for more than a year now.
    Yesterday I registered with an agency that just deals with long term/perm posts and I was told that my chances of getting a long term/perm in a primary school are very low, if not impossible as I don't tick the boxes (to be british and UK primary trained) schools look for in a teacher.
    I've been attending CPD courses to show schools how focused I am in all the aspects of primary teaching and have had very good feedbacks from a lot of the schools I went to.
    I am a very committed and passionate teacher but apparently it doesn't seem to be enough to get the long term position I am seeking so much.
    I value your opinion very much, so I would like to thank you in advanced for your advice.
    Supply Teacher
    r Theo,