1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Other Skills/Interests' relevant to job...

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by KaiTheBeard, Feb 2, 2016.

1. KaiTheBeard

KaiTheBeard New commenter

I am applying for SMT/DH positions and am a little stuck on the section on an application form asking me to Outline any other skills/interests relevant to the role. Is this to be my Executive Summary, where I list the qualities I have against the job spec, or is this for things like languages, etc, with my ES begin placed after my letter of application.

It is just the wording, coming after training, previous jobs, etc. which makes me think it is not the ES. Usually it seems much more explicit that this is to be a personal statement or ES.

Any one else come across such wording?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, not uncommon.

They often expect just a few extras, such as a First Aid certificate, can play piano for hymns in Assembly, keen to lead DoE, run a club on X, etc., rather than a full-blown justification for why they should appoint you.

Best wishes

Am_done likes this.
  3. KaiTheBeard

KaiTheBeard New commenter

Thank you!

Now that is clear in my mind I can attack this head on.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

@KaiTheBeard - have you found the Applications Advice articles - quite a lot of them.

If not, come daone to JobSeekers (scroll down through the forums list) and ask there.

Best wishes