1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OSCA2 LIV

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by jingles56, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am in the process of going through this delightful exercise. Like many before me I find the answers provided in the practice assessments ambiguous in many cases, wrongly crafted in several others and just plain confusing. I also agree that the standards that seem to be acceptible are way below what I would consider for LVL 3 anyhoo.
    For those of you going through this process there is a document Edexcel have produced which may help you with at least some of the sections. I have quoted from this quite a bit when adding comments to justify my answer choices. Who knows, it could make a difference.
    The document is on assessment design and what is expected. I follow it when designing my assignment briefs which is what leaves me a little concerned as to the standards they seem to be accepting, as they don't seem to follow their own guidelines.
    http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/Assessment%20Design%20Guide%202009-10%20v1.0.pdf
    Hope it helps some of you.
    Back to the grind... 2½ hours in and only 12 questions answered... what a lovely way to spend my weekend, especially on something that gives no form of remuneration amd will help to put other people out of work by doing the job they currently do.

2. Hi
    I am in the process of going through this delightful exercise. Like many before me I find the answers provided in the practice assessments ambiguous in many cases, wrongly crafted in several others and just plain confusing. I also agree that the standards that seem to be acceptible are way below what I would consider for LVL 3 anyhoo.
    For those of you going through this process there is a document Edexcel have produced which may help you with at least some of the sections. I have quoted from this quite a bit when adding comments to justify my answer choices. Who knows, it could make a difference.
    The document is on assessment design and what is expected. I follow it when designing my assignment briefs which is what leaves me a little concerned as to the standards they seem to be accepting, as they don't seem to follow their own guidelines.
    http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/Assessment%20Design%20Guide%202009-10%20v1.0.pdf
    Hope it helps some of you.
    Back to the grind... 2½ hours in and only 12 questions answered... what a lovely way to spend my weekend, especially on something that gives no form of remuneration amd will help to put other people out of work by doing the job they currently do.

3. have pmd you
    RH

4. What the He'll is this all about?