1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

osca2 level 2 reassurance required!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by kirink, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hi,
    This is the first time I've posted - although I am a regular 'dipper-in' and have always been impressed by the support and guidance given.
    Here goes - I am a 'one woman band' performing arts teacher delivering level 2. Although there are other drama teachers in the area, they all do up to level 3. For a variety of reasons I have left the Osca2 until this window and am now terrified! So far I have spent about 7 hours looking at the training materials and have tried the assessments but keep dithering between answers each time I look at them. I'm finding the questions ambiguous and confusing.
    Should I just go with my first answers or spend another weekend deliberating?
    I've never had any problems with the old EV process, in fact I looked forward to her coming in for a chat and to run any queries past her. For example, I awarded my first Distinction last year and was delighted she fully agreed with my decisions.

2. Well, the deed is done - I'd printed all the info off at school in the week - didn't fancy using my printer for 80 pages - seemed easier with all the evidence and the Edexcel Spec in front of me. Oddly, I found the new unit easier than the Devising Plays unit which I've taught for 4 years!
    Fingers crossed now!