1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Organising work experience without The Trident Trust

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by biologybabe, May 24, 2007.

1. I'm not sure where is the best forum for this, so my apologies if you see this on more than one...

Having spent a large part of my time over the past term trying to organise work experience for our KS4 pupils, and being confronted with basic incompetance from Trident (I won't go into detail here, but suffice to say it has not been a smooth ride), I am now pondering the possibility of going ahead without them next year.

The vast majority of our pupils already find their own placements so I'm fairly confident we could push them all to find their own if need be, and use various contacts for any student whose placement falls through. The stumbling block is the Health and Safety checks and checks on employers liability insurance. Obviously I don't have the training or time to do these checks myself.

So I was wondering, does anyone out there have any experience of going it alone and advice on how it can be done/ words or warning?

I would be really grateful for any advice, either on here or by email to kelly_KEGS@yahoo.co.uk.

With thanks in advance.

2. I'm not sure where is the best forum for this, so my apologies if you see this on more than one...

Having spent a large part of my time over the past term trying to organise work experience for our KS4 pupils, and being confronted with basic incompetance from Trident (I won't go into detail here, but suffice to say it has not been a smooth ride), I am now pondering the possibility of going ahead without them next year.

The vast majority of our pupils already find their own placements so I'm fairly confident we could push them all to find their own if need be, and use various contacts for any student whose placement falls through. The stumbling block is the Health and Safety checks and checks on employers liability insurance. Obviously I don't have the training or time to do these checks myself.

So I was wondering, does anyone out there have any experience of going it alone and advice on how it can be done/ words or warning?

I would be really grateful for any advice, either on here or by email to kelly_KEGS@yahoo.co.uk.

With thanks in advance.

3. Hi Kelly, I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering what happened with this, I am in exactly the same predicament (so frustrated with my borough's hold over this work experience issue and the poor quality of service they deliver for a substantial amount of money!) anyway I am desperately trying to find a way out from under them. Did you do it? Or get some good advice?