1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Organising school journey for children who find it difficult to pay

Discussion in 'School trips' started by bfisher, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Thank you. I'll look into your suggestions.
    Bev

2. The budget for pupils with free school meals is already delegated to schools, so there is technically some money in the budget. Lewisham has some excellent links to day centres such as Horton Kirby, it used to be part of the education dept now a charity, widehorizons. Alternatively, how many of your pupils have gone by bus into central london to walk along the Thames, visit parliament, up they eye or a gallery?

3. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

School journey? Is this the new term for school trip?! Look at YHA, they have a fund as well for kids who wouldn't normally be allowed to attend. It is difficult but I believe firmly in a payment plan - 2 night YHA would be maybe £60, with transport up to £80. A payment plan of £2.50 per week for 32 weeks would help. I don't think children who can afford it should be stopped from going because some can't, but realise some heads will be against this.