1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Organising PPA for PE

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by tpthq, Sep 28, 2015.

1. tpthq

tpthq New commenter

Hi all,

After many years of experience I have set up my own business to provide advice, resources andtraining etc. As part of the business I would like to offer PPA to local schools.

Other than advertising this service on my website and hoping a head teacher comes across it, how can I get into schools? Is there a specific place/way to offer PPA to schools or is it simply a case of calling each individual school and 'selling' my service to them?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I think there are many companies already covering this area… though indeed if you can compete with them or they don't cover your area you may have a business to tout.

I know local schools here use Sportsxtra specifically to cover PE…

3. tpthq

tpthq New commenter

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for your reply. I'm aware or companies such as sports extra and premier sport as well as others that provide PE cover. I'm currently working on making my offer individual so that I can compete. But I am wondering how I actually 'tout my business' to the schools? Is there an official procedure/body I have to go through or is it simply just a case of phoning each school and asking if they would like to use my services?
    Thanks

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

In my experience, I would be interested in the reputation of such provision…. If you have references from professionals who used your service, or schools willing to endorse you, that may help.

Your best way in might be to offer a 'free' taster session…. which by proving ability, student engagement etc. might tempt schools to subscribe.

5. tpthq

tpthq New commenter

Thank you, that's really useful. Will work on that

6. Stevek

Stevek New commenter

We've had companies offer to come in and run a club in school as way of showing us what they offer. The idea was that the club would run for a few weeks rather than just being a one off or a couple of sessions.

7. Ruthiesword

Ruthiesword New commenter

Depending where you are there may be a schools sports partnership 'person' who might be able to add you to a list of known providers but the best starting point would be free sessions