1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Organising Portfolio so that it shows development....

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by ArtistS4, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ArtistS4

ArtistS4 New commenter

Hello everyone (and Merry Christmas!)

I have a PGCE interview in January and they have asked me to organise my portfolio so that it tells a story of my development in art and design since leaving school. I need to give a 10 minute presentation on it also. The thing is, at the moment, it is just full of pieces that show what kind of work I do and I really am not sure how to go about showing 'development'. Not much of my uni work is to hand.

Any ideas/tips? Any would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Sophie.

2. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

Put whatever you have in chronological order; identify gaps and fill them (e:g; the college work). Then weave a narrative around the work from start to finish, you are telling the story of your work.

3. ArtistS4

ArtistS4 New commenter

Thank you for your response. Because I already have a portfolio all laid out nicely, showing a variety of my work and my skills, I was thinking that I could possibly leave that as it is but do my presentation as a Powerpoint (showing images of my work up on screen). I would find this ideal as a nice selection of my work will be seen by the university (in my portfolio) but I will tell the story of my 'development' via the Powerpoint. Do you think they would be ok with that? Many thanks.