1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Organising a Leavers' Disco

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ellie_rose, Jun 10, 2012.

1. ellie_rose

ellie_rose New commenter

Hi everyone. This is my first year teaching Year 6 and I am currently organising their Leavers' Disco. I've never done anything like this before so am looking for advice. We have been told that the school doesn't have the budget to supply any money towards it, so I'm planning to make it a cheap but fun evening.

We can't afford a professional DJ but I have a lot of pop music suitable for them, so I am planning to use a good quality iPod dock for the music, I will buy some disco lights online myself and I've been looking at the Woolworths website for decorations. We could also make our own decorations (shiny stars, etc.) I was thinking of charging around £1.50 - 2 for each child to go towards buffet food.

Does anyone else have any ideas? What time does your school have the disco and how long do they usually last? Thanks for any help.