1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Organising a community tea party

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hezzy_pie, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,
    I'm hoping to organise, along with my year 2/3/4 class, a community tea afternoon. This will involve inviting the old folk that live in the village to school to drink tea and eat cake, have chats and listen to my class sing.
    I would like to get this organised within about 2 weeks of returning back to school and would like the children to be as involved as possible. Therefore, I'd like to base a lot of lessons around the organisation of it. I would love it if anybody could help me think of ways this could link with the childrens learning.
    I have already thought of:
    • The children writing invitations/letters to those invited
    • Making a shopping list of things needed and pricing it up (linked to money)
    • Follwing recipes to make cakes etc
    • Making a timetable for the afternoon
    Can anyone else think of any ideas which the organisation of this event could help children's learning, or anything else I could add to it to improve the experience for the children and the old folk?
    Any ideas would be much appreciated x