1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Orange

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Jan 4, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I have been a contented mobile phone user with Orange for 12 years, however since I bought a new phone last week, they have been absolutely useless.

Tuesday ordered phone, due to arrive Wednesday
    Wednesday stayed in and waited for phone
    Thursdaqy stayed in and waited for phone, arrived whilst out, luckily o/h at home. Phoned to register and transfer credit, no gift box as promised on the website
    Friday no credit, could not make calls or text, phoned Orange from a land line, 45 minutes. Put £10 on, however still no credit, phoned again, 30 minutes, told to try again next day. Battery ran out after 4 hours.
    Saturday phoned from landline, 1 hour 20 mins, load of waffle, found out Sim card hadn't been registered, promised new one Monday by courier, also new battery.
    Sunday, put old Sim card from old phone in new phone, worked able to text but not use all the stuff on new phone.
    Monday, stayed in all day, no courier with Sim and battery.
    Tuesday stayed in, no Sim or battery but joy of joys the gift box arrived, a yoyo, a woolly thing, pack of cards and a watch! Emailed Orange three times, no response, threatened to return phone and change provider.
    I am sick to death of this!!

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I have been a contented mobile phone user with Orange for 12 years, however since I bought a new phone last week, they have been absolutely useless.

Tuesday ordered phone, due to arrive Wednesday
    Wednesday stayed in and waited for phone
    Thursdaqy stayed in and waited for phone, arrived whilst out, luckily o/h at home. Phoned to register and transfer credit, no gift box as promised on the website
    Friday no credit, could not make calls or text, phoned Orange from a land line, 45 minutes. Put £10 on, however still no credit, phoned again, 30 minutes, told to try again next day. Battery ran out after 4 hours.
    Saturday phoned from landline, 1 hour 20 mins, load of waffle, found out Sim card hadn't been registered, promised new one Monday by courier, also new battery.
    Sunday, put old Sim card from old phone in new phone, worked able to text but not use all the stuff on new phone.
    Monday, stayed in all day, no courier with Sim and battery.
    Tuesday stayed in, no Sim or battery but joy of joys the gift box arrived, a yoyo, a woolly thing, pack of cards and a watch! Emailed Orange three times, no response, threatened to return phone and change provider.
    I am sick to death of this!!

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I've been waiting 7 1/2 weeks for my phone insurance to pay out. Ready for killing one of the call centre staff now [​IMG] Why are companies so incompetent?! You think they'd be competing for business.

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

The saga continues

Yesterday Orange gift box arrived, I now have a wooly cover for my new phone, a watch, a yoyo and a pack of small cards, no Sim or battery, emailed Orange 3 times

Today, emailed again, phoned and asked for manager or supervisor to call me back. I men tioned the fact that I had spent £25 in phone calls from a land line to them!! Still no Sim or battery.

5. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

This all sounds very familiar, Lapin. Phone arrived 2 days late (which could have been due to snow to be fair). No credit on phone although paid for and it took three goes to get the number registered and then yet another call to get the credit but on the phone ....

6. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Ooh, I would be raging at this. Incompetence drives me mad! Hope you get it sorted soon.

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

The future's bright![​IMG]

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Phoned and asked for a manager or supervisor to call me, none did. So phoned again and demanded to speak to one, new phone coming on friday with new Sim card and battery, cost of calls, about £28 so far, will be refunded as will the missing credit.

I'll keep you informed.

9. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Why is service in this country so pants??

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Thursday, logged onto Orange, credit still not showing!!

11. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I feel your pain, sister!! I'm having a similar hell of a time with Debenhams online.

12. littlemissraw

My bank phone insurance is still not paying up either! x

13. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Why are these so called services, called that? Customer Dis-service would be a better name!!

14. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Got all excited when a courier arrived and I had to sign for 2 parcels, but guess what?

no phone but 8 miniature bottles of whisky!!

15. Haha!!! Drink the whisky and sod the phone.

16. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, drinking whisky makes me depressed!!

17. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

10 minutes to go and no sign of the phone, sim card or anything at all from Orange!!

18. littlemissraw

No way! Can you not just cancel and get something from a shop? Free(?) booze is always nice though...
    After my wait for cash payout from insurance (which is what I had been told) a phone turned up! I can't really complain as its the same as my original but after waiting almost 8 weeks I've bought a new one! Now I need to stick the stupid thing on Amazon. So if anyone wants a Palm Pre with touchstone, boxes 2 batteries etc please feel free to look. Bah Humbug! (can you use that phrase after Christmas?!)
    Hope you both have better luck with Debs & Orange. x

19. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

When I get Orange to reimburse me the £28 I've spent on landline calls and reimbursedthe credit I have with them and give me the money back for the new phone I've bought, it's actually nearly £200 so I need that before getting a new phone!

20. littlemissraw

Have you tried going instore (an Orange shop) and refusing to leave until its sorted? x