1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Orange prize

Discussion in 'Book club' started by thewhiterabbit, May 30, 2012.

1. Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller has just won the Orange Prize. I've read 3 of the nominations (State of Wonder, Half Blood Blues and The Forgotten Waltz) but will have to check this one out next.
    Also sad to hear that Orange are stopping the prize after this year - the prize has introduced me to some brilliant reads over the past few years.

2. Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller has just won the Orange Prize. I've read 3 of the nominations (State of Wonder, Half Blood Blues and The Forgotten Waltz) but will have to check this one out next.
    Also sad to hear that Orange are stopping the prize after this year - the prize has introduced me to some brilliant reads over the past few years.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I fear you will be disappointed by Miller's pathetic effort. I couldn't believe how trashy and poorly written it is and totally unworthy of the hype.