1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

*** or TES?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by mracdpresent, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

I sell more on TES but have so many more reviews on ***. I really like the forums on *** as people are always willing to respond to queries and they never accuse you of selling your soul to the devil because you are selling teaching resources. ;)

2. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Yes, I always get lovely reviews from *** - they appear far more appreciative!

3. notable

notable New commenter

I gave up on *** because I perceived the emphasis to be much more about making instant money than offering resources of real educational value. Of course it's lovely when someone values your product enough to part with their hard earned cash. I just didn't like the "top-line" emphasis of it. Maybe it's a cultural thing. Maybe I've become an old "fuddie duddie" whilst I wasn't looking! LOL

4. LanguageArtsLab

LanguageArtsLab New commenter

I do better on *** and that is whom I primarily design and develop resources for. I am Australian-trained but worked with American curricula in international schools.

I started on *** and just find it so much more straightforward. It's also a much bigger market.

As grateful as I am for the opportunity to sell on TES, and as much as I appreciate the community and the seller support, I still find the site quite frustrating in a number of ways. Therefore, anything I post here is an afterthought (after I post on ***).

I don't bother changing spelling or anything like that. Granted there is a lot of crossover/ leeway in middle years English in Australia, the U.K. and the US, so not everyone is lucky enough to be in the same boat as me.

One thing to think about: English will continue to be the lingua franca for the near future and educators all over the world will increasingly be looking for quality educational materials in English.

I bear this in mind when sales are slow. Selling on both sites is, in my estimation, a worthwhile investment in a passive income stream that has a good chance of growing into the future.