1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

*** or TES?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by mracdpresent, Jan 4, 2017.

1. mracdpresent

mracdpresent New commenter

*** or TES,

Which one gets you the most sales? Wondering if being in UK with UK based resources makes a difference?

Mr D

2. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

I definitely get more on TES but helps that I make a more focussed effort here and my resources are aimed at the English curriculum.

mracdpresent likes this.
  3. TRJ

TRJ New commenter

TES

mracdpresent likes this.
  4. GoGoTeacherArms

GoGoTeacherArms Occasional commenter

TES. No question.

mracdpresent likes this.
  5. studeapps

studeapps New commenter

Would anyone like to say if it's worth the time to adjust resources for ***?

steve@studeapps

6. mracdpresent

TES obviously more UK friendly and I've only just joined but more sales in first week here than ***. I'm finding reaching bronze tricky as only putting on a few resources with very large in depth content. Don't want to put any little £1 things on. Maybe I should?

7. I have both and barely get any sales on TES. *** is better. However, my items are more difficult to locate on *** and I'm feeling as though that market is flooded. I usually land on page 1 or 2 with TES. I wish I could figure out the 'trick' here. I've got almost 50 resources in my *** shop and I'd like to get them all transferred over.

mracdpresent likes this.
  8. zainah2000

zainah2000 New commenter

Tes of course.

mracdpresent likes this.
  9. mracdpresent

Well I seem to be doing much better on TES but that's because I probably have barely any US Twitter followers and because of time differences. Does anyone do well on *** from U.K.?

10. TRJ

TRJ New commenter

TES only manage 10/15 per month on ***

mracdpresent likes this.
  11. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Had very little success on *** so don't really bother with it much anymore. TES all the way!

mracdpresent and krisgreg30 like this.
  12. pittan

pittan New commenter

I find *** not UK user friendly. It is designed more for US market. I stopped shot of listing on *** when I found it very tedious.

mracdpresent likes this.
  13. kibishipaul

kibishipaul New commenter

Far and away ***. However, my sales are starting to improve on TES so I'm hoping I can do well on both at some point.

mracdpresent likes this.
  14. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

My sales are much better on TES than on ***.

15. a_teachers_idea

a_teachers_idea New commenter

I started out on *** for about four years now so I am doing much better there. I only started on TES in December and it's moving slowly but I'm hoping that things will get better soon.

16. KayBray

KayBray New commenter

I seem to be in the minority but I really struggle with TES. I'm hoping the more time I spend on the site the easier it will get to navigate. It just seems much more complicated to me, each to their own I guess!

LanguageArtsLab likes this.
  17. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

I wouldn't give up on either. My Tes sales have been steadily increasing over the last few months, whereas my *** sales seem quieter now but improved compared to the same month last year. So, go figure :)

18. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I never know how to class resources on *** (not being an American). Got a few on there. I make about a dollar every month LOL! On TES I make a good amount every month!

mracdpresent likes this.
  19. Katharine7

Katharine7 New commenter

Definitely TES for me but I do give it more time than *** and the resources I make I actually use in school so they're aligned to the British curriculum. *** is a massive market but, as notsotypicalteachertpt said, it is pretty saturated!

20. sabyrne

sabyrne New commenter