1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

optional sats

Discussion in 'Primary' started by haggisrach, Mar 22, 2011.

1. I'm new to Year 3. Is there a mental maths test in the optional sats? If so is it timed like in year 6? Have tried to find out on this site but can't seem to find an answer.
    Thanks

2. There is but you have to order them unless you have any spare answer sheets and CD in school which I assume you haven't. There is the 2003 copy which I don't think you can get any more and the 2006 copy which had to be ordered by November I think it was. It is timed yes. Sorry, I can't be any more help than this! You could try phoning the NAA http://www.qcda.gov.uk/about/97.aspx there is the contact number on the website and see if they could help. You do have to pay for these tests though.

3. If you can't get hold of the CD, the wording is provided in the Teacher Booklet along with the marking guide, etc. for the maths. You can use this along with the timings to deliver the test without the CD if you have to.