1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Optional SATs Marking

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mattmiddlemore, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Does anybody have any national contacts for an independent 'Optional SATs' marker. The school is willing to pay for the Optional Sats to be marked externally. We are a Primary school in Cornwall of 200, and the marking would be for Literacy KS2.
    The school has gone through a major transformation and we are looking for an independent, subjective opinion to support teacher assessment.
    Any contacts would be fantastic.

Thank you

2. Hi all,
    Does anybody have any national contacts for an independent 'Optional SATs' marker. The school is willing to pay for the Optional Sats to be marked externally. We are a Primary school in Cornwall of 200, and the marking would be for Literacy KS2.
    The school has gone through a major transformation and we are looking for an independent, subjective opinion to support teacher assessment.
    Any contacts would be fantastic.

Thank you

3. Sorry no, but have you thought about asking another local school to either moderate your marking or do a swap and mark each others? Alternatively, ask your local (county) literacy advisors.

4. IM me, I'll do it :D

5. Sorry, should have added - I guess peeps on the Supply or Jobseekers boards might be willing as well.

6. Thanks, but we will not be able to swap with another school as we have a potential issue with experience with assessment. We are trying to keep County out of our concerns, however, it does look like we will have to go that way!

Thanks

7. Hi, Sorry, I have to ask the question-have you had much experience with Year 3,4 and 5 writing? As a school we really need to get the data sorted once and for all.

Thanks loads

8. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

Have you looked at the service provided by NfER?

http://www.nfer.ac.uk/what-we-offer/PASS/

Have used them before and it does make life a whole lot easier. However, marking the writing tasks of your own children really helps to see what they can do and what they need support with. I think you can pick and choose what you want marked.
    The analysis they provide is great though.

Carrie [​IMG]

9. Just what the school wanted! Job done.

Thank you