1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Opting out for a month - enrollment date query

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by isaack, Feb 16, 2020.

1. isaack

isaack New commenter

I am trying to opt out for a month and am confused by the enrollment date you have to submit at the start of the form. I have been at the same school since 1998, and was enrolled in the TPS at that point and I have not had a break. I therefore assumed this would be the enrollment date. However, the date option only allows you to go back to 2020. What am I doing wrong? Thoughts please.

2. diddydave

diddydave Established commenter

Coolhands said in this post: https://community.tes.com/threads/opt-out-form.797547/#post-12983163 that they put the earliest date they could (though being limited to 2020 would be a problem!) but wrote more in the box I think. From what others said in that thread I think it's just to confirm you've been in the scheme for more than 2 years.

Someone else said they had to fill in a paper form.

3. isaack

isaack New commenter

Oops, just realised my typo meant earliest date was 2000! Thanks though, I will read the linked thread

4. brook123lyn

brook123lyn New commenter

Hi - we both opted out and just put the earliest date they offered. All went through fine - no queries. As Diddy Dave said think it’s just to check you’ve been in the scheme at least two years. We did have to check with admin at school that it was timely processed their end to payroll.