1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Opposite of Heaven

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by salamandes, Oct 9, 2019.

1. salamandes

salamandes New commenter

Hello all.

Have searched for old threads on this but can't find anything-if there is a previous thread please link and I will delete this one.

I am looking for CURRENT, SENSIBLE commentary on the group of schools run for the well known global petrochemical company whose name rhymes with the opposite of heaven.

They have schools across the world but I wish to know more about them as an employer in the general sense rather than at a specific school level.

Particularly interested in CURRENT, SENSIBLE commentary on those in leadership positions within these schools.

Please feel free to send me a P.M. if that is preferable.

Thank you all.

2. taiyah

taiyah Occasional commenter

PM your specific needs and questions.

salamandes likes this.
  3. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

I would never take a job at a school called Hell International School.

I would just take it as a bad omen

4. taiyah

Cleary a comment that has no idea about the company, its process, lucrative package and its well resourced schools. Commenting for the sake of commenting.

5. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Occasional commenter

I'm struggling to workout out the school... Anymore hints?

6. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Occasional commenter

Ohhhhh.... I've got it now...!

7. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

Cleary a comment that has no idea about the company, its process, lucrative package and its well resourced schools. Commenting for the sake of commenting.

lottee1000 likes this.
  8. salamandes

salamandes New commenter

I'm struggling to workout out the school... Anymore hints?

Found on the beach

Campanology

Sh ow and t ell

Thanks

Salamandes

yasf likes this.
  9. makhnovite

makhnovite Established commenter

Royal Dutch???? Haven't heard of them in ages they used to have several schools around the world and were renowned for having a: 'lucrative package and being well resourced schools'. They also used to treat their staff exceptionally well. As the oil industry changed over the years, away from taking its employees all over the world, so the number of schools declined and others were absorbed into bigger schools. Some old Cairo hands will remember the Dutch section at NCBIS I am sure. As for these days I have no idea where they are or what they are like - sorry.

Dumbell are you at one in Angola?

By way of a heads up the party could soon be over for you as I hear that Angola's oil reserves are about to run out, due to lack of investment and outrageous corruption!!!! May just be time for you to make another million though eh?

10. makhnovite

Royal Dutch???? Haven't heard of them in ages they used to have several schools around the world and were renowned for having a: 'lucrative package and being well resourced schools'. They also used to treat their staff exceptionally well. As the oil industry changed over the years, away from taking its employees all over the world, so the number of schools declined and others were absorbed into bigger schools. Some old Cairo hands will remember the Dutch section at NCBIS I am sure. As for these days I have no idea where they are or what they are like - sorry.

By way of a heads up the party could soon be over for you as I hear that Angola's oil reserves are about to run out, due to lack of investment and outrageous corruption!!!! May just be time for you to make another million though eh?

11. makhnovite

12. makhnovite

sorry guys, dodgey internet connection leading to double post!!!!!

13. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

We have 6 companies that run own our school, shell being one of them. I dont know where your information is coming from, because Total have just opened up another rig here. And dont forget the massive ore reserves they have been keeping as a back up for when the oil runs out. Still havent sorted out the corruption though... although i hear they have learnt a lot from the Tory part back in the UK.

14. taiyah

@TonyGT “Lead commentator” who has nothing no to add to the thread. Then again, it’s pretty hard to get into the candidate pool the OP is talking about.

15. makhnovite

This weeks Economist and several other serious publications, although if you had avoided your usual knee jerk reaction you would have seen that I did say it has nothing to do with the actual oil itself but the fact that some of the big firms are not prepared to put any more money into investing in the industry/country and so once the reserves run out no more will actaully come out of the ground.

https://www.economist.com/middle-east-and-africa/2019/10/03/angolan-oil-production-is-in-decline

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Angola-Faces-Oil-Industry-Crisis.html

16. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

BP capped one of its wells a few years ago. They waiting for things to calm down, the country is changing. VAT got introduced this week, they have plans to get its currency onto the world market. All of this has no barring on my day to day life though. Total opened a new well recently and we saw an influx of French students. ENI the italian company are also expanding operations here. Also, the school is looking to expand....what can i say, im here, i know whats happening

I know they have plans for their massive diamond reserves, let alone all the other mineral reserves they have, plus their massive agricultural potential.

ejclibrarian and T0nyGT like this.