1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Opportunities to visit schools abroad

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Elbows, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Hi,

I'm really interested in seeing if I can access some professional development opportunities abroad- for example, some colleagues in my Local Authority have just spent a week visiting some Canadian schools. It looks a really enriching and refreshing thing to do. I'm a primary headteacher, so leadership and foreign school-system visits would be what I'd want to learn more about.

However, I have looked at the British Council's Erasmus+ site and found it completely confusing and am none-the-wiser. Has anyone in the forum been fortunate enough to have accessed this sort of opportunity? How did you find out about it and where do I start?

Thanks in anticipation of a kindly pointer!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

My LA (this was 11 years ago, mind, but they did some more in subsequent years) accessed funding and organisation for such trips via the British Council and the National College. I visited S. Africa, along with some primary heads (I was secondary). You didn't get to choose where you went, I should add.

As I say - it was the LA that organised it - you had to be part of a group.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Why not just ask them?

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.