1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this cutter/plotter (for home/small business use)

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by lancon, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Have you tried contacting Roland and asking if they have/know of any ex demo or refurburshed cutters? I got one half price.

2. I can cut 380mic card on the CAMM1, needs a few sweeps, I have used the Lynx cutter, which I think is part of the same family, didn't like it, Technology Supplies used to sell it.
    Is there no school in the vicinity that will let you use their laser?

3. What part of the country are you in?

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I used the laser at Uni today but I've now finished teaching there for the summer (yes already!!) If I manage to secure a teaching post in secondary then that might be an option... maybe I should wait and see...
    It'd be for runs of 100+. The cost of die cutting was getting expensive (with about £70 per die made and £60 machine set up cost) hence why I fancied getting a machine of my own so I wasn't limited to what I can produce for clients who are after a low print run and can't afford the huge set up fees but still want something that gives them a creative edge. (Such as new businesses)
    This was one of the reviews I went off:
    http://underacherrytree.blogspot.com/2011/03/mtc-compatible-cutters.html
    it all seems to be targeted towards 'scrapbookers' which is why I thought I'd ask you lovely people [​IMG] x