1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this book for a unit of work?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by lisamcclis, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    I'm a student teacher, and I'm trying to create a unit of work for my MFL studies assignment.
    We have to base the unit on a story book, and I was thinking of using "Ours brun, dis moi" (Brown bear brown bear what do you see?) to teach the children colours. However, I know many of the animal words have difficult pronunciations- oiseaux for example- so I wasn't sure if it was appropriate. I'm aiming it at year 3 pupils due to the simplicity of colours.
    It's between Brown bear and Elmer's colours. Have any of you used these books? Or have an idea of which would be more appropriate?
    Thanks,
    L
    <h3 class="r"></h3>

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Personally if I were using one of those to do colours with year 3s I'd choose Elmer.

3. I use a song "Ours marron, que vois-tu?" with velcro animals that pupils attach to a story apron as they listen to the song. If we can find a way to connect I'll happily provide details.

4. That would be brilliant, but I'm not sure what exactly needs to be included. So far we have been told the assignment is in poster form... then we were told it was a plan for a unit of work using a story, and there are a couple of people saying its some form of electronic resource. I'm attempting to get in touch with a tutor on the module though. Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!