1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

opinions on performing arts within education (dissertation work)

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by emoody5, Apr 11, 2012.

1. i am currently in the middle of writing the dreaded dissertation. my topic is performing arts within compulsary education. i am intrested to hear anyones opinion? is perfoming arts a good thing? is it used to its full capcity for learning? what are the GCSE subject such as drama, dance and music like to teach? are there sylubuses from exam boards suitable?
    also finding it hard to locate facts and figures on these matters if anyone has any info or knows of any good resources i would be very grateful :)
    look forward to hearing from you all

2. have you also considered drama for learning rather than performing arts in ed? This is a different shift but may be more interesting and fruitful in terms of what is out there to research (Needlands, Bolton and Heathcote to name but a few!)

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Define "good"? Good for what and according to whom?
    Is anything?
    Again, suitable for what?
    You need to think things through more carefully and find a real focus.

4. I have to agree with Crowbob. I think you need to refine what it is you're really wanting to write/ask about; I think you'll get much better responses from teachers. :)

5. This is being pedantic I know but a lot of teachers, Heads of Department and Heads get irritated when they come across teachers and potential teachers who can't spell and punctuate their own language properly. We all make 'typos' but it is in your own interest to get a grip on your spelling and punctuation before you apply for any jobs after completing the 'dreaded' dissertation. It is a pity that you dread the dissertation because it is a wonderful opportunity for you to broaden your knowledge and organise your thinking.