1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions invited...clothes question.. ignore if you find vacuous...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Wearing white/ivory/blushy colours as a wedding outfit over the age of 35...

Mutton as lamb? Was going with navy up 'til now, but friends have suggested it's not very wedding-y. I look a bit younger than I actually am, but my instinct is to veer away from the virginal colour. Is navy too 'utility'? I would happily go with black but I wear black all the time...

2. go with the blushy colours - you are 35 not 85 and tbh if you were 85 I would be saying the same thing!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

For the bride?
    I wore ivory lace second time around aged 36... if you were looking for something borrowed I still have it ...[​IMG]

4. :)

Will have to come back to this later - dinner is served...

5. It's your wedding. Wear what you want to, what you feel comfortable in and what makes you happy.

6. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I like the idea of blue, although not navy as that was my secondary school uniform!
    #6600FF is nice [​IMG]

7. impis

impis New commenter

Wear red.
    Mr impis says - 'red shoes = no knickers'.
    Should brighten up the day for your male guests, at least.

8. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

So do I. Wear jeans and have everyone else realise they overdressed. Make your special day special in other ways as well by asserting your individuality.

9. Wear whatever makes you feel right

I was over 30 and did the whole Ivory Silk hooped skirt affair ... if people thought I was too old ... who cares

10. Oh goodness don't wear navy, I am 30 soon and have a cream lace dress and everyone says how nice it looks, if you really don't want white cream or ivory then how about a really pale pink? I am sure you will look beautiful whatever you choose but I don't for one moment think that these colours don't suit people over 30. Come to think of it my mum had this beautiful white cottom summer dress and she looked so beautiful in it and she must have been in her 40s then!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

On the other hand I also still have that navy and white spotted dress you admired...

12. I dont think colour has much to do with age ...... does it....?
    - isn't it more to do with style of outfit?
    Anyway, go for what you feel good in......
    - dont have any rules about it before you start trying on.

13. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Please don't start saying you're too old for something - anything, particularly not in your 30s for god's sake!!. My m-i-l never let age stop her doing anything and, although she drove me mad she was a great role model. Just wear what suits your colouring and your shape and forget about how old you are. Choose something lovely.

14. I know - it's daft, really. :)