1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Opinion: Would you pay for made MFL lessons?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by ClarissaM, Jan 10, 2012.

1. I am looking for some opinions from genuine, overworked MFL teachers. Cynics and rude people need not answer as I am tired of opinionated people in these forums looking to make other teachers feel bad.
    My question; If there were a website that contained ready-to-go MFL lessons that would allow you to pay a small fee so that you could download a PPT or a smartboard and walk into your classroom to teach, would you pay for it and how much would you pay per resource? I know there are websites out there doing something similar, like selling bulk resources to a school but I'm wondering on a "teacher level" if this were viable as it's something I wish on Sundays there were!

2. I am looking for some opinions from genuine, overworked MFL teachers. Cynics and rude people need not answer as I am tired of opinionated people in these forums looking to make other teachers feel bad.
    My question; If there were a website that contained ready-to-go MFL lessons that would allow you to pay a small fee so that you could download a PPT or a smartboard and walk into your classroom to teach, would you pay for it and how much would you pay per resource? I know there are websites out there doing something similar, like selling bulk resources to a school but I'm wondering on a "teacher level" if this were viable as it's something I wish on Sundays there were!

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

What's going with TES resources?

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I meant,what is wrong with....

5. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

Do you mean actual detailed lesson plans as well as resources? I have not come across much in the way of structured lesson plans + resources. There could be some market for that, but most teachers like to do their own thing with a resource.
    It has crossed my mind to put some detailed lesson plans on frenchteacher.net. It could be very useful for inexperienced practitioners. Maybe one day.

6. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

I think one of the problems is that, no matter how well-planned a prepared resource or lesson plan is, teachers will always need to adapt it in some way to fit the needs of their class / their textbook / the time available in their lesson etc. I don't mind spending time changing resources I've found here on TES for free as they can often be a useful starting point, but I don't think I'd be willing to pay for a "one size fits all" lesson which I would invariably have to adapt. Sorry to be negative! I think games sites like A Tantot and linguascope are different as they offer bitesize activities which can be slotted into any lesson and are therefore very useful.
    Have you looked at writing mock exam questions for a company like ZigZag Education? I believe that they pay teachers for preparing exam-prep type resources.

7. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I once worked in a school where the SOW for Y7 was written lesson by lesson and all activities linked in, and I hated it. With my bottom set some of the activities were not appropriate and I couldn't use some of the creative ideas I had.
    I am currently writing a CLIL SOW for our Y9 and am writing a detailed lesson plan for each unit, but once I roll it out to the rest of the school I expect teachers will be free to use it or not - it would be a lot more pressure to use it if we'd paid for it. That's not to say that a sequence of lessons would not find a taker, but possibly not a whole course. After all, who amongst us follows the suggested lesson activities in our coursebook teacher's book? I only use it to quickly gain access to exercise answers.