1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Opinion please--- thanks

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hovis, Mar 5, 2011.

1. I work with 2 teachers in Reception- as a TA along with NN 2 other TA's, We have planning meeting every week which we attend. Nearly all the activity ideas etc and inspiration come from the non teachers and we find ourselves having to fill out lots of forms eg directed activity forms, evaluations, resource lists etc nearly every week. as you can appreciated our pay is very little compared to established teachers and we find ourselves doing more and more. With the local council no bringing in Single status we have been given guide lines that show we are clearly being given tasks that do not appear on the job evaluation sheets we have been given. Everyone speaks of goodwill in our school but sometimes we feel that what we do is more than good will. I wonder if this is ceoming statndard practice or is it just in our department that we are being taken advantage of?

2. I work with 2 teachers in Reception- as a TA along with NN 2 other TA's, We have planning meeting every week which we attend. Nearly all the activity ideas etc and inspiration come from the non teachers and we find ourselves having to fill out lots of forms eg directed activity forms, evaluations, resource lists etc nearly every week. as you can appreciated our pay is very little compared to established teachers and we find ourselves doing more and more. With the local council no bringing in Single status we have been given guide lines that show we are clearly being given tasks that do not appear on the job evaluation sheets we have been given. Everyone speaks of goodwill in our school but sometimes we feel that what we do is more than good will. I wonder if this is ceoming statndard practice or is it just in our department that we are being taken advantage of?

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

The real question is how much unpaid overtime you do.