1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Operation Christmas Child

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by blissy, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    desperate plea.... is anyone else taking part in this scheme? We have successfully for a number of years, but i am very aware that the kids have heard the "standard" assembly before (imagine you have no presents etc...) anyone got any other ideas or else i might have to hope the 4 minute clip of the presents arriving stalls a few times and fills 10 minutes and then just tell them what not to pack!

thank you kindly!

2. Hi,
    We take part in this successfully at my school. On the dvd they sent out with the leaflets etc there is a 4min a 7min and a 10min clip- we used the 10min clip in assemblies. We also run a competition in each yr group that the tutor group with the most boxes gets a prize- in our case your christmas party on the last day of term is paid for. I always get a handful of pupils in my form to go into each of the assemblies with me and they do a little roleplay of someone packing their shoe box at home- putting in the things you're allowed and avoiding things you cant. Makes it a bit more interesting to watch.

Hope that helps.

3. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

when the CoOp withdraw their support, I get concerned.