1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OpenOffice

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Fiona L, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hi, I've just downloaded OpenOffice after some good advice and am about to put together a slide show to show in assembly tomorrow. I was just wondering though, if I save it on my memory stick from open office, will it work in powerpoint tomorrow in school? We have windows xp at school.

2. It will as long as you make sure that the file extension is .ppt not the open office extension. Look for Microsoft powerpoint 97/2000/XP in the drop down list that appears for 'save as type'.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

It will only work if they've Open Office installed on the school's cmputer is my understanding. It is a program and to run it the computer needs the same programmme.
    I have the same problem at my supply school where my Publisher documents aren't recognised and an error message 'This is not a Publisher document' which it is, so I have to transfer any docs into Word.

4. Thanks Lara!

5. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

when u click save as, in the drop down menu save as the one that ends on ppt. will work on all computers

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

My programme doesn't have a drop-down menu grandelf!

7. right click and "save as"