1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Opening sentence for Application

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Racer, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Any ideas on how to get started with the letter of application? Have all the detail prepared - organised as per Person Spec - but struggling with first sentence. Thank you

2. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I always start with "in support of my application, I wish to add the following:" works for me every time.

3. Thankyou!

4. 7even

7even New commenter

I began:
    "In this letter of application I explain, with examples, how
    I meet the person specification for the post and the impact of my actions on
    the teaching and learning and leadership of the school."
    Good luck.

5. Listen to the people above! These are actual things people have said in applications.
    My parole officer has asked me to apply. I am loyal and know when to keep my big mouth shut and have extensive experience with foreign accents. I speak English and Spinach. I am very good with the pubic and can take odors well. My best achievement was when I was nominated prom queen. My sister has an accountancy qualification. I hold the national record for eating 45 eggs in 2 minutes. I limit important relationships to people who do what I want them to do. Please do not contact my current supervisor for a reference. My friends will give a much better reference. Their names are Bill, Tom and Eric but don't know their phone numbers. I have integrity, and will not steal office supplies and take them home. I had a 3 month career break because my cat died. I left my last job because I thought the world was coming to an end. My objective is to work for a company that is very lax when it comes to employee tardiness. One of the main things for me, as the film Jerry McGuire puts it : 'Show me the money'. Let's meet so you can 'ooh' and 'aah' over my experience.