1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Open University MFL interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by TheGingerTeacher, Aug 26, 2011.

1. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I’ve been accepted for interview and I am already starting to feel nervous. So I am looking for advice from anyone that has already been there.
    How much of the interview is in the target language? I am worried I’ll be so nervous all my grammar will fly out the window.
    Also has anyone been turned down by the OU after interview? Did they tell you why? I just don’t want to make a mistake that could have been avoided.
    Any help greatly appreciated

2. TheGingerTeacher

3. I don't know the answers to your questions but do the OU courses end in QTS? How does it work?

4. TheGingerTeacher

Yes they end in QTS they are very like 'normal' PGCE courses except the university part is done from home over the internet.

5. Joanne2009

Joanne2009 New commenter

Hi,
    Good luck, hope you get on the course. I was thinking of applying to the OU. I have 2 children so the idea of distance learning appeals to me.
    What did they ask you at the interview?

6. Thanks. This is really useful. You've suggested 2 topics already on my shortlist so hopefully I'm heading in the right direction! Hope you were successful. Thanks again & wish me luck...