1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Open Source software suitable for creating Maths Videos

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by mistercorzi1, Sep 18, 2019.

1. mistercorzi1

mistercorzi1 New commenter

I have recently been experimenting with Inkscape (for diagrams) and Opentoonz (for animations). Both are Open Source hence free and both are extremely powerful. There are many tutorial videos available for Inkscape not so many for Opentoonz. Opentoonz was developed by Studio Ghibli and made freely available in 2016 and has a fairly steep learning curve.
    The result of my experimentation can be seen at https://youtu.be/UF172DZOiWo (Complex Numbers and the Unit Circle). I use Camtasia to compile all the bits and pieces (editing, transitions, screencasts etc) but unfortunately that's not free software and I don't know of an equivalent Open Source piece of software. I use a Mac.
    I wondered if anyone had any experience (tips, hints, advice etc) in this area that they might wish to share with others?

2. CHuynh

CHuynh New commenter

Hi
    I used Educreation to make some simple lessons. I haven't used it for a while. It was free and quite user friendly. I created lessons on ipads, not sure about other touch screen tablets.

mistercorzi1 likes this.