1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Open Evening Ideas - Food Tech

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Helly Bells, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    Only just returning to school tomorrow after nice summer hols but already my mind has turned to Open Evening which is 3 weeks away. Just wanted a few ideas about what people usually do in their food rooms during open evening?
    I usually do different types of bread but fancy a change......any suggestions appreciated :)
    Thanks,
    Helly Bells

2. Hi everyone,
    Only just returning to school tomorrow after nice summer hols but already my mind has turned to Open Evening which is 3 weeks away. Just wanted a few ideas about what people usually do in their food rooms during open evening?
    I usually do different types of bread but fancy a change......any suggestions appreciated :)
    Thanks,
    Helly Bells

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Get some kids cooking, very interactive, parents can taste the food and see them actually working.

4. We have the day to prepare for the evening. Make 250+ plain little sponge cakes & get the y6s to "come and decorate a cake". Have loads of different bags of coloured icing. And during the day we make up approx 15 batches of pizza dough & prep all the toppings and then we have a small group of y8s in on the evening (supervised by my y11s) to batch produce pizzas, with them being cut up at the end for tasting.
    We also have on display a selection of the products that they make in KS3 as well as lots of photos etc. Ours is next week!

5. Yep we have recipes available - the new y7s do the tours!

6. We are getting all ages cooking foods to celebrate Love British Foods fortnight. Cheese straws, scones etc. Little things for eating! There are posters on their website