1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oops. I fried my hair!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grumpydogwoman, Nov 20, 2015.

1. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Aiming for really white blonde so am bleaching every week or 10 days.

This morning rather a lot has come off in the towel when I rubbed it dry! :);):cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:

It's very short anyway so it doesn't matter. Have you ever had a glitch in your hair and beauty regime?

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Uh?

3. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Nope.

White blonde? Ummmmm....cool.

Cool?

4. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Might as well get a buzz cut, GDW. Should suit you.

VanEyssen likes this.
  5. Gummibaren

Gummibaren New commenter

Please don't bleach your hair every week. White blonde is a slow process-once a month at the most and even then with lots of TLC in between

midnight_angel likes this.
  6. grumpydogwoman

Hair and beauty regime.

Shaving? Moisturising? Hair cut?

monicabilongame likes this.
  7. grumpydogwoman

I know @Gummibaren but my hair is really short so regrowth is very noticeable. It was a bit silly but I have taken my strong hair for granted after all these (60) years.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

?

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ooh, I had one of the them today. Number 5 so I don't have to have another for a couple of months and save the pennies!

Ruddy expensive though £7.50... shocking.

10. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

@grumpydogwoman

Depending on what colour your natural hair colour is, will depend on the results. I have the devil's own job as my natural colour has a fair few red tones in it. You'll not strip it all out no matter how often you bleach or how strong the peroxide you use ( I know, believe me) If you are buying your bleach from a supermarket/chemist, they no longer have the oomph they used to have (blame the fools who never read the instructions and then sued) 40% vol is what you need - used for highlights and not really recommended for a full head bleach but as you say you keep your hair length short, you should be ok. You need to bleach then put on a toner - not ash as it tends to go a mucky grey, try silver. Some people are destined to be platinum blondes and some of us just aren't - I've tried for years. Use a purple shampoo to help.
    Our elders knew with their purple/pink rinses ;)

11. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

When I was a punk I dyed my hair all sorts of colours and my hair was in a dreadful state. Not that it mattered too much as it was caked liberally with hairspray and spraymount to keep the spikes up :oops:.

Might a conditioning masque help, gdw?

12. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Home-dyeing can be tricky. The last thing you want as a blonde is to go that horrible sulphur yellow. Or indeed for your hair to fall out! I'm planning on having a subtle balayage procedure as soon as I feel rich enough.

13. Spiritwalkerness

Steady on...I've been sulphur yellow MANY times :D I prefer baby chicken :p

14. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Sorry! "Yellow" looks better on certain skin tones. Not mine though.

15. Spiritwalkerness

Good save ;)

coffeekid likes this.
  16. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Am I the only fair haired person who prefers to be more of a brunette?

aspensquiver likes this.
  17. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I doubt it. :)

aspensquiver likes this.
  18. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Nope. I always dye mine darker. It's a horrible mucky dark blonde/mousy brown almost greyish colour normally. Brown dye always tends to fade to a weird reddish tone though on my hair. What I'd give to have lovely dark brown hair naturally!

19. grumpydogwoman

I use Jerome Russell high-lift powder with 40% peroxide and mix it myself. I have the purple shampoo (many brands).

It's a number 2 at the back and sides and about 3cm at the very longest. I spike it.

Now there's a rather shorter circle right on top! But I don't think anyone else will notice. We shall see!

20. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

"Tis the voice of the lobster", I heard her declare. "You have baked me too brown. I must sugar my hair".

grumpydogwoman likes this.