1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ooops...something else I apparently ought to know!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Jun 21, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I am writing lesson plans for an inspection. Naturally they are on the official school lesson plan format as opposed to what I usually do.

There is a box to show how the school's values are highlighted in the lesson. This sounds fine in principle, except I realise I haven't a clue what the school's values are!

Any ideas on how to surreptitiously find out?

2. Well obviously they differ from school to school but, with all due respect, if you are unsure of them, it would highlight that they have not been shared recently enough. If teachers are unaware, surely the children will be unaware of them too.
    Fellow staff may know.

3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

ours are on the school website in the prospectus ... might yours be there too?

Carrie [​IMG]

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Not on the website, but yes probably in a prospectus somewhere.

I'm sure I must know...probably...maybe...

5. jacobgril

jacobgril New commenter

Don't know how much time you have but have you considered a whole class PSHE investigation to find out the school values. At least a homework task! Failing that they must be on the website or in a prospectus. The initials of our school values used to spell RATTED. Never failed to amuse. Good Luck!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOLOL!!!

7. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

Just write 'see 2nd sheet' in the box. On the 2nd sheet, write 'see third sheet'. Then 'see fourth sheet'. Etc. Continue this pattern until you've wasted as much of their time/paper as they've wasted of yours by asking you to complete this farce.

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOL Would so love to do that...am too chicken though.

9. jacobgril

jacobgril New commenter

Suggest to the Head that the children could do with one of his/her inspirational assemblies to refresh their memories.