1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ooooooh, I really want a biscuit!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by clear_air, Aug 19, 2012.

1. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Having finally plucked up the courage to step on the scales I see that after losing weight about three years ago, I have almost put it all back on again (possibly a bit more, but I don't like to think about that). So, I have made the decision to eat fewer calories, and generally less food (sob) until my waistline is restored. BUT... I love biscuits (particularly chocolate digestives), and I really want one right now!!
    Tell me to step away from he biscuits! Tell me I don't need biscuits in my life and it won't be long before I won't miss them! Remind me that I ate proper alpen for brekky and had a glass of orange juice, hubby is cooking a Sunday roast, and if I have a biscuit now I won't be able to have any tea at all!!
    Gnaw, gnash!!

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

One biscuit wouldn't do any harm, would it? [​IMG]

3. Have vigorous sex, and then you can have a guilt free biscuit.
    cyolba, willing to help in any way :)

4. That is so sweeeet, Cy...offering to buy the biscuits. :¬))

5. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Clear Air - I know exactly what you mean.
    Get yourself a nice big glass of icy cold water and drink it. Keep doing this when you get the urge for biscuits or chocolate. As you know, after a couple of days the cravings will disappear. If necessary, chew gum. It will keep your mouth occupied.
    My boys have a little snack at about 10pm every evening - coffee and chocolate digestives. I can now sit and watch them without a worry. I have my glass of water and am quite satisfied.

6. I can imagine little as joyless as drinking water while watching others eat chocolate biscuits! Cyolba's on the right track, surely? Using any willpower to get more exercise just has to be better fun than martyring yourself for the sake of a digestive.

7. [​IMG]
    This is exactly what I do and it really works.
    Do you have to have biscuits in the house?

8. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Crowbob - you big meanie!!
    Cyolba - I have visions of the Modern Parents 'this is what you were asking about, young children who ask inappropriate questions at odd times, all in the name of weight loss' ;)
    Bauble - tee hee
    Dozy - that's very naughty! I don't believe you!
    I am determinedly avoiding the kitchen (where hubby is slaving over a hot stove) (because he biscuits live in the cupboard next to the stove, not because I am a lazy toe rag, obviously), and grinding my teeth. Maybe if I have no teeth it will be impossible to eat certain types of biscuits? Not malted milk, obviously... Mmmmm, malted milk...

9. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

Dunked in tea you should still be able to gum a chocolate digestive. Where there's a will, there's a way!

10. I've just cycled 38 miles, if you come next Sunday, I'll let you have 2 biscuits.

11. I'm more than happy to get Chocolate Digestives, that way I get more McVities points. [​IMG]
    cyolba, points make prizes :)

12. Can you get plain chocolate ones, please? I've just been cutting the hedge and I'm sure I've burned off at least half a packet worth of calories!

13. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

Eat the ****** biscuit [​IMG]

14. Make chocolate biscuits that way you have used energy in the process. You may put this off til later on and never get around to doing this. This way you can have the ingredients in the cupboard but don't buy chocolate biscuits so there is no temptation........there's a flaw in this advice! The chocolate wouldn't stay in the cupboard?
    I'm off out, bye x

15. HA! HA!

16. and have sex [​IMG]
    I'm definitely going now ...

17. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

I have an excellent tip that I got from Paul McKenna. Visualise the biscuit with a few human hairs accidentally baked inside it. I can assure you that you will never eat a biscuit again

18. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

You see, this is the terrible thing about biscuits...
    I have successfully resisted the eating of biscuits before consuming roast dinner (500cals at a conservative estimate) (mostly due, I have to admit, to he fact that he only biscuits in the house are cream crackers, and thy are, frankly, Not The Same), AND resisted a cadbury's caramel ice cream (feel I may succumb at tea time). However, the afternoon is yet young, and tesco is not far away...

19. dozymare1957

LOL Airy!

20. dozymare1957

That's the best dieting advice I've ever heard