1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oooooh!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by foxtail3, Oct 2, 2015.

1. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

it's been a bit of a funny year, one way and another, but my son has just phoned to say that he and his partner are getting married!

They met when they were teenagers, split up after a while, got back together and my granddaughter is nearly twelve and my grandson, seven. I have always thought of her as my daughter in law and now she really will be! Sooo excited!

Sorry for the fluffy post, but things have been a bit tricky and it just feels fluffy to have some good news!

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Good news should always be shared!!

Congratulations to you and your son's family. :)

Lara mfl 05 and foxtail3 like this.
  3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

This is Personal and that is personal news and lovely news too. Many congratulations to the happy couple!

Does this mean that we are going to have a wedding outfit thread soon?

Lara mfl 05 and foxtail3 like this.
  4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

It's a funny thing though. I have always hoped they'd get married, but had recently decided that they must be OK as they were. House, car, kids etc, so I was quite discombobulated ( in a good way!)

I had a posh outfit for my daughter's wedding, but would need to lose weight to fit into that again! Anyway, it feels as though I should have something new for them. It'll have to be less expensive though, as I'm not working now!

So yes, there may well be a wedding outfit thread- any ideas anyone?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

You definitely need something new when you are mother of the groom! The last few dresses I have bought have all been from Phase Eight. I like the shapes of the Damsel in a Dress brand too. They sell them in John Lewis and House of Fraser.

foxtail3 likes this.
  6. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Lovely news!

foxtail3 likes this.
  7. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Right! We have a Phase Eight in Chichester and I will look at Damsel in a Dress.
    The local JL is only furniture etc, but I'm sure there's one within striking distance. Mmm, wonder if there's one in Southampton or Portsmouth.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Lovely. Can we have a mother of the bride thread? I love those.

bombaysapphire and foxtail3 like this.
  9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Sorry,only read your first post and did not realise outfits had already been talked about.

foxtail3 likes this.
  10. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

But I will be the mother of the groom @catmother. Not so important!

11. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

How lovely, what great news. Being the mother of the groom is an entirely different ballgame - not true that not so important - just less pressure so you can relax and enjoy it more. We shall want a full description of the outfit.

foxtail3 and bombaysapphire like this.
  12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Sorry! That one glass of rose has really gone to my head!

13. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Firstly congratulatioms on that news. Absolutely worthy of sharing.

I'm shortly to be 'mother of the groom' and yes perhaps not so much centre-stage, but still worthy of notice.

I'm going with an outfit I already have with a new blouse and a gorgeous wool cape-coat with scarf (as I expect it to be chilly end of this month), which will also be used for next son's wedding next Feb, for which I do have a new suit.

So sometimes it's about mixing something you already have with something new so it feels special- particularly if money is an issue. have you tried your local Hospice shop? Our local one has some striking outfits, usually only worn once, and although still quite pricey, still less so than a new 'wedding shop' or 'wedding' section of most department stores.

14. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Congrats on the good news. Mother of the groom was all the excuse I needed to spend a fortune on a frock, a hairdo, a facial, shellac, a diet.....

foxtail3 likes this.
  15. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Southampton has a JL and so does Reading.
    What lovely news.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  16. Lara mfl 05

Have to say I was more than a little disappointed at the choice in Southampton's John Lewis, when I was there a fortnight ago. I'm only 'short' of a fascinator (I don't 'do' hats, or rather they don't 'do' me) and there was a total of 24 possiblities I was offered and nothing in the colour I wanted!:(

17. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I remember your thread Lara and the photos you posted. The first outfit is soon to be worn then!

Definitely a diet xena- it was the 5-2 last time, but not sure this time. Perhaps I'd better actually join that gym I 've been thinking about! There will be a hairdo, diet and frock. The rest- we'll have to see!

Off to Google some posh frock sites then!

18. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I also seem to have morphed into an established contributor too! No longer frequent. Woohoo!

19. Lara mfl 05

Congratulations. I'm still only 'frequent'!

monicabilongame and foxtail3 like this.
  20. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

It's only a matter of time Lara!