1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oooooh what fun...!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by aspensquiver, Jan 14, 2016.

1. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

2. aspensquiver

So how many of you have maroon sheets?

3. aspensquiver

Or, worse still, black?

4. aspensquiver

I could hazard some guesses but that wouldn't be cricket.

5. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I have a king size, a double and a single bed. I buy white sheets for the king size, cream for the double and blue for the single so I can tell which is which in the cupboard. I used to match the sheets to the duvet set but got sick of trudging up and down stairs because I had brought the wrong size of sheet for the bed. I suspect I'm not ticking the "posh" boxes but it is practical.

6. aspensquiver

I see the horrible babygro - aka the onesie - is frowned upon. Who'd a thunk it? Lol

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  7. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I hardly dare open the link as I'm sure that hiding the ironing pile in there is an absolute no-no and therefore I've failed already.
    No maroon or black sheets though, we only have white.

aspensquiver likes this.
  8. aspensquiver

Even the white ones. ;)

9. aspensquiver

Dog on the bed instead of a faux fur throw? Hmmmm!

ParisianPearl likes this.
  10. aspensquiver

Think the unmatched look might tick a box that William has forgotten about. A certain amount of coordination would be required though. Small light blue check pillow cases can work well with plain white or cream bedding.

11. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

This chap is so ripe for parody :). Future articles could include How Posh is YOUR Classroom? How Posh is YOUR Garden Shed? How Posh is YOUR Under-Stairs Gloryhole?

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Here, in the gutter, it's whatever floats down in Autumn.

13. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

White, high thread count, flat cotton sheets. No cushions. Pillows laid flat. At present, pale blue striped duvet cover and pristine white pillowcases. No pet accessories.

Bet you thought I had maroon silk, aspen! :eek:

14. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I can't remember what my bed looks like.

15. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I refuse to click on that link.
    My bedroom is my bedroom. Big bed. Cotton bed sheets and covers like most people in this day and age. Scabby Persian rug that the dug sleeps on. Nice 1930s dressing table. Bookshelves. Massive Yucca plant that cuts me to ribbons every time I brush past it ( I read somewhere years ago that Yuccas are tacky) I have a blackout blind that would no doubt be "wrong" but I like darkness.

aspensquiver and smoothnewt like this.
  16. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I hate onesies. Ugh, I have something in common with that man.

17. vannie

vannie Star commenter

I haven't clicked either. I generally have a daft Lurcher on my bed. I'm hoping that it's 'non - u'. Couldn't bear to be posh....

18. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Yes, I have a blackout blind and some heavy, navy velvet curtains for maximum blackout.

It's the only way to sleep.

coffeekid likes this.
  19. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Surely this guy is developing into a parody of himself? What a twit!! Whenever I read his stuff, I 'hear' him speaking in the voice of that pretentious critic-can't remember his name, but you know the one. He was as false as £7 note!! :rolleyes:

20. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

That little ***** has no idea what he's talking about. I have been in a duke's bedroom (don't ask) and there was no basin. There was, oh horror, a trouser press ,a pink nylon eiderdown and a laundry basket overflowing with unmentionables.