1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OntheBog

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Boba Fett, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New commenter

so bored I thought I
    would start a pointless topic whilst unhappily languishing away in a
    library. There done it.

2. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New commenter

so bored I thought I
    would start a pointless topic whilst unhappily languishing away in a
    library. There done it.

3. There have been times when my best lesson ideas have come to me in there, probably not that particular one I would imagine.

4. I have never held a phone conversation whilst relieving myself but often I hear people chatting away in a cubicle in public toilets. Could you tell if someone was talking to you from the toilet?

5. I think on several occasions I have been contacted by someone having a bath: you can hear the water rippling away. Why? I don't understand.

6. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New commenter

water . . . I remember a woman
    who worked for a Salford based agency who often seemed to phone
    whilst shopping probably in the localish posh retail park. On a couple of occasions when I would inquire in half terms about work during term time she would answer the phone whilst what seemed like abroad on holiday, in the background I could hear the sounds of birds tweeting and people frolicking by the pool. I hear on the grapevine this
    agency is no longer doing so well. I wonder if the big shiny car has
    gone back? In any event my work with them dried up.

7. I have all my best ideas in the bath and find it is one of life's luxuries. I take in a book and happily spend two hours in there..Heaven.

8. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

[​IMG] Same here, I also take a notepad and pen so I can write down any addresses or postcodes.