1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Only one more day

Discussion in 'Personal' started by modelmaker, Jun 27, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

My sweetheart has been away for the best part of a week and will be coming back on Tuesday. Much as I'm looking forward to her return, I also look forward to Tuesday with some trepidation. There's a mountain of washing up and washing to do. I expect she'll give me grief if she discovers I haven't hoovered or watered her plants in her absence.
    What's the best plan? Waste a day catching up on the chores or buy her flowers and chocolates to welcome her back?

2. Why not do the chores <u>and</u> buy her a welcome home gift. And why wait to water the plants?

3. Agreed.
    Although, I have found to my advantage, that houseplants prefer a good sloosh, and then forget about them, until the next time iyswim
    Anyhow, MM, do the chores now! Or produce copious alcohol! (Cheap lager/cider does me)

4. Hey MM...get cracking - NOW!
    I HATE coming back to the dregs of someone else's sloppy living. Oh I can do it (sloppy living, that is) but I know I have to clear up after myself. Your wife will not be happy to have to start household chores when she gets back especially if she hasn't caused the mess.
    Oh and don't let the plants die. They are thirsty...give 'em a drink.
    Go on....turn the PC off....
    Get thee to the sink!
    [​IMG]

5. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Yes I agree with Arch.
    She'll be so much happier with a clean and tidy house. Even more so if it's cleaner and tidier than she left it, and especially if there's a beautiful bunch of flowers on the table, wine chilling in the fridge &c.
    Or perhaps she'll wonder what you've been up to!!!!

6. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Look sharp. Finger out MM

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

You might as well waste it while she's still away. I take it you don't expect her to waste one of her days when she returns!