1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online tuition help

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by skellig1182, Oct 22, 2020.

1. skellig1182

skellig1182 Senior commenter

Hey,

I have a question for my mum!

Can anyone help give advice on the best way to teach students online. I need to be able to make face to face contact while I’m teaching and show/annotate documents or powerpoints. What have teachers been using during lockdown? I don’t my paying for software if it’s good but if possible for free is better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

Most online platforms have screen sharing options. Skype and zoom do

3. BG54

BG54 Occasional commenter

I think some subjects lend themselves to online tuition more easily than others, Maths is one example. I email notes and questions to the students beforehand and use Skype plus an A4 whiteboard in the lessons, it works quite well.

4. zetafunction

zetafunction New commenter

Use Zoom, then screen share, it allows all the stuff you have asked and more. Good luck.

5. Educationalist2

Educationalist2 New commenter

Zoom, screen share and also get a Graphics tablet. Also, Bitpaper is quite nice

6. cwilson1983

cwilson1983 Occasional commenter

You can get a decent tablet peripheral for £30 from Argos. It plugs into your laptop/pc via USB and allows you to make annotations with ease. It has definitely helped me with online tuition and teaching.