1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online reviews

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by har1her1, Aug 4, 2018.

1. har1her1

har1her1 New commenter

Hi,

An agency that provides me with students also uses a well known company review site. The review site states in its advice to reviewers that information that would identify individuals should not be included in the reviews (the review should be of the service the company offered).

However, the reviews seem to be primarily glowing reviews of certain tutors who are mentioned by name. I am sure the tutors are excellent, but I sense this is somehow not what the service is for (or perhaps that is the whole point of the review system).

I do not know whether this is just a sense of 'sour grapes'. That is to say, students send a personal thanks to me and tell me my sessions have really helped them., but public reviews are never posted. However, I feel reluctant to ask for reviews to be posted, naming me, because this is supposed to a breach of the review service's rules.

I apologise if this is a bit confusing, but I am battling a bit with a feeling that somehow something is wrong here.

2. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

You could have a Facebook page and ask people to leave a review on there.
    I get a fair amount of work through there

3. har1her1

har1her1 New commenter

Thank you. I never thought of that, yet it is the first place I would look if I was trying to find out a bit more about someone! I will have to create a new FB page.

langteacher likes this.