1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online resources for tutors - KS2 Lit or reading skills generally

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by eddiecarron, Apr 18, 2011.

1. I would be interested in hearing the views of private tutors of literacy skills, particularly of children aged 8 to 14 on a particular online resource. The resources are at www.schoolwork.bz and the entry code is ure132ty General instructions are at www.hotreading.blogspot.com They are suitable for tutors who only see their pupils perhaps once each week - this material allows them to routinely assign appropriate literacy work which they can check on their weekly visit. All views welcome.

2. I have been using these resources for a little over a year with three children whose reading and other literacy skills were poor. The childen were aged 9 and 10 and these programmes made a vast difference. I visit these children only three times per week and assign homework which the children complete on their own without difficulty. I spend part of each visit going over the work the children completed on their own and then discuss with them, the exercises I want them to complete in the following period. Both the children and their parents are enormously grateful for the progress their children are making.

3. I've been using these resources too for a few months and agree with your observations 100% I have children who succeeded with this approach where they had failed with others.

4. I have just seen this post, more than three years on, and find that the link does not work now - do you know if the website is still live?

Thanks.